Featured Post

PINNED POST. CLICK HERE: Keeping these 3 videos of officer-involved domestic violence fatalities on top from now on...

Officer-Involved Domestic Fatalities - 1 Officer-Involved Domestic Fatalities - 2 [WA] Tragedy Will Occur If They Don't Have ...

Custom Search

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

[WI] The wife of Milwaukee Officer Quist backs him up against domestic violence charge

To see Journal Sentinel's
BOTH SIDES OF THE LAW
online project, click here.

2 officers arrested in domestic violence cases won't be charged
Journal Sentinel
By Gina Barton
Dec. 16, 2011
[Excerpts] The Milwaukee County district attorney's office has declined to charge two Milwaukee police officers arrested in domestic violence-related incidents earlier this year, according to records released this week. Detective Matthew Quist was arrested on a preliminary charge of domestic violence battery about 1:30 a.m. Feb. 16... The department's Professional Performance Division, which investigates allegations of wrongdoing by officers, referred the case to the district attorney's office. Prosecutors convened a John Doe investigation, which is a secret hearing in which witnesses can be subpoenaed to testify, according to a letter from Deputy District Attorney Patrick Kenney to the police detective who investigated the case. The letter was released to the Journal Sentinel this week in response to a public records request. Quist said he acted in self-defense, according to the district attorney's office. During the hearing, the victim testified that "Matthew Quist's physical contact with her consisted primarily of Det. Quist attempting to confine (her) while she was attempting to strike him," the letter says. The victim also denied previous domestic incidents documented in the police report, the letter says... Domestic violence is far more common among the families of police officers than among the rest of the population, according to the U.S. Department of Justice and the National Center for Women and Policing... At least 16 Milwaukee police officers currently on the force have been disciplined after internal investigators concluded they had committed acts of domestic violence... [Full article here]
[police officer involved domestic violence oidv intimate partner violence ipv abuse law enforcement public safety recanting wisconsin state politics]

3 comments:

  1. I, Matthew R Quist & my MRQ II are the persons you defamed your article. You & Gina Barton the reporter deliberately distorted facts to falsely vilify me. I publicly challenge you & Barton in any format, manner, time, date location you want. Non-acceptance my challenge is a tactic admission that you misrepresented facts to make me appear guilty when you know nothing about this case. Did you know the following facts:
    In the Barton article the acts the alleged victim denied at the john doe hearing were not ones against me but one against her on other dates, where there are pictures, medical reports, & audio recordings.
    2. The DA the "Truth seeker" terrorized all of our family &repeatedly threatened to throw my wife in jail if she did not say what he wanted. He used extreme bully tactics, such as the John Doe Hearing which is a rarely done, &used against Gang Leaders, Drug King Pins &Mafia Members. I am the first officer in the history of the MPD railroaded like that.
    3. Our house was ransacked by police IAD without a search warrant. Our computer, was illegally searched. The real story in this story is not domestic violence, rather the Federal Civil Rights violations committed by the IAD against both of us, which believe me you will hear more about in the media later.
    3. The Barton article fails to mention that in both the criminal investigation which was the thorough of an officer in the department's history on such a matter I was totally 100% completely exonerated. A later internal investigation for rule violations showed I didn’t even violated a single rule.
    4. I demand that you take my picture down as it is a copywriter photo & you do not have permission to use it. Take this as you one & only legal notice for retraction, correction & copy write violation. I reserve I my legal rights.
    5. I demand you retract/correct your usage of the word "recant" where in this case there never was a retraction at all, that is plain false. When you are guilty of a crime are you going to tell the police the part that you were guilty of or leave that part out. At the John Doe Hearing she was forced against her will to go to, she had get her own criminal defense lawyer &did would all guilty people do, which is plead the 5th. Then the DA engaged in unbelievable prosecutorial misconduct, gave her immunity on any crimes she committed. Well after she had immunity she was ordered to tell the truth or be immediately arrested, so she did. SHE DID NOT RECANT ANY OF IT, SHE TOLD THE SAME STORY, PLUS THE ILLEGAL ACTIONS THAT SHE HAD TO TAKE THE 5TH ON THAT CAUSED ME TO ACT IN SELF DEFENSE.
    6. Neither you nor Barton followed the Journalist code of ethics &contacted me first to ask my side of it first, as most real reports &journalists do, SHAME ON YOU!
    This notice for retraction, correction & copy written violation &that I reserve I my legal rights.
    I AM INNOCENT AND THE INVESTIGATION PROVED IT SORRY IF THAT DOES NOT FIT INTO YOUR PERSONAL BELIFS!!! YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT WENT ON THEY TRIED FOR 3 MONTH EVERY ANGLE THEY COULD TO GET GET ME BUT YOU CAN'T MAKE AN INNOCENT MAN IN A GUILTY ON PERIOD!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mr. Quist is guity i too was a victim of him. finally the law is catching up to him and i think they show throw the book at him if not he will continue to use his badge as a means of hurting other women.

    ReplyDelete
  3. To whomever posted this I would publicly challenge you to a polygraph exam. I will agree to take it first. In fact I will agree to pay for the polygraph examiner of your choosing or if you prefer lets go to the FBI and both take a polygraph exam if your claims are truthful? I know I will pass. I know you are lying so I am ready to take mine. I have no idea what you are even talking about but maybe you would like to talk to the many woman I have treated with dignity and respect or the hundreds of victim's of crime I have personally helped. Please leave me and my children in peace. I believe it is an act of total cowardice to take a anonymous pot shot like this, and if this is who I think it is, your allegations were proven through tape recorded conversations and text messages you sent to be totally 100% baseless. This is what the polygraph was made for so people like this can not get away with lying.

    ReplyDelete

Please post updates or email them to behindthebluewall@gmail.com. No cop-hating or victim-hating comments allowed. Word verification had to be added due to spam attacks on this blog.