Featured Post

PINNED POST. CLICK HERE: Keeping these 3 videos of officer-involved domestic violence fatalities on top from now on...

Officer-Involved Domestic Fatalities - 1 Officer-Involved Domestic Fatalities - 2 [WA] Tragedy Will Occur If They Don't Have ...

Custom Search

Wednesday, August 23, 2006

[FL] Did I mention that Miami-Dade Detective Flynn got 35 years? I want to.

"I had a fully loaded firearm stuck in my mouth, somebody asking me if I was ready to die.
Only God decides that."

...Miami-Dade Police Narcotics Detective Michael Flynn's kidnapped and beaten girlfriend Elaine


Previous blogger post here.

This isn't my only police dv project so I don't usually follow up with the cases on Blogger. They are here just to let the world know that there IS a problem - but I think for Elaine I really want to follow up with Detective Flynn.

Back in June he left - expected to serve 30 of his 35 year sentence. This is rare and worth posting for sure. What SHOULD have happened DID:



Drug Dealing Officer Is Sentenced
Jun 16, 2006
Evan Bacon Reporting
A Miami-Dade Police officer convicted of peddling drugs while on duty and threatening to kill his own girlfriend was sentenced to 35 years... Michael Flynn, a 23 year veteran of the City of Miami Police force, had pleaded guilty to buying and selling heroin... while on duty. He also admitted to forcing the barrel of his gun down his girlfriend’s mouth, while threatening to kill her. “I did it and I take responsibility for what I did,” Flynn testified during Friday’s sentencing hearing. “I did it. I did it. I did it”... (more)



"...Only God..."

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Drug Dealing Officer Is Sentenced
    Jun 16, 2006 10:39 pm US/Eastern
    Evan Bacon
    Reporting

    (CBS4 News) MIAMI A Miami-Dade Police officer convicted of peddling drugs while on duty and threatening to kill his own girlfriend was sentenced to 35 years in jail in a Miami courtroom Friday night.

    Michael Flynn, a 23 year veteran of the City of Miami Police force, had pleaded guilty to buying and selling heroin from his own patrol car while on duty. He also admitted to forcing the barrel of his gun down his girlfriend’s mouth, while threatening to kill her.

    “I did it and I take responsibility for what I did,” Flynn testified during Friday’s sentencing hearing. “I did it. I did it. I did it.”

    In October of 2004, the State Attorney’s office, along with Miami Police Chief John Timoney announced Flynn’s arrest after an extensive internal affairs investigation, charging him with drug trafficking.

    The 45-year-old convict says he started using drugs to numb the pain of dealing with his brother’s death, until his life spiraled out of control. He says at one point he was taking 40 to 50 pills of Vicodin and Percocet a day, when he escalated to snorting heroin because it was more readily available.

    Even though prosecutors were asking for almost double the sentence the judge imposed, Flynn’s defense still says he was treated more harshly than an average citizen.

    “Whenever you have people who are public officials such as a police officer, they are representatives,” said defense attorney Stephen Millan. “So we place them on a pedestal, and sometimes we hold them to a higher standard.

    Both the officer’s ex-girlfriend and his sister gave testimony at the hearing against and for a lighter sentence respectively.

    Flynn is expected to serve 30 years of his sentence.

    Daniel Lastra, CBS4.COM
    http://cbs4.com/topstories/local_story_167213118.html

    ReplyDelete

Please post updates or email them to behindthebluewall@gmail.com. No cop-hating or victim-hating comments allowed. Word verification had to be added due to spam attacks on this blog.