Featured Post

PINNED POST. CLICK HERE: Keeping these 3 videos of officer-involved domestic violence fatalities on top from now on...

Officer-Involved Domestic Fatalities - 1 Officer-Involved Domestic Fatalities - 2 [WA] Tragedy Will Occur If They Don't Have ...

Custom Search

Monday, August 28, 2006

[IL] I only know what DIDN'T happen to Moline Police SWAT Lt. Patrick.


This month I noticed Moline Police Lt. Jerome ("Jerry") Patrick in the news speaking in behalf of his department about a fellow officer's suicide. I had wondered what became of Patrick's own "incident" back in 2004. It bubbled up into the news and then disappeared. According to the one news article back then Lt. Patrick - then head of the SWAT team - had tried to run over his ex-wife and a "federal marshal" in an open parking lot - with mention of alcohol being "involved." After the (alleged) attempt to run them both down, a witness claimed that "...the off duty lieutenant then got out of the car, and began throwing punches."

Was he punching air? His wife? The fed?
It didn't say.

By the time Moline police got there Patrick had fled they say and was found later hiding in his ex's house! Cops blocked off the whole street because of a gun-concern that we learn no more about.

THEN, in the same lone article, "a friend and retired officer was called and Patrick left with him..."

Is that what happens under those circumstances?
Wow.

The police chief, Steve Etheridge, was quoted saying that the matter was a "domestic issue," their own department would handle it internally, and that the Lt. and his ex-wife were just "pushing each others buttons."

I know Lt. Patrick didn't lose his job, though maybe in a spokesman capacity now instead of heading SWAT - and that he can be occasionally seen being quoted in the news.

May angels abound.





SOME LOOSE THOUGHTS...

Throwing punches? Take me there.
Were there injuries? Who got hit?

I'm picturing his ex and the marshal winded
from leaping, dodging, or running
to not get hit with his "car".
(What kind of "car" does
the "head of the department's
SWAT team" drive?
A TINY CAR? A truck? An SUV?

How tall is it?
I want to get a picture in my mind.

And HOW does the head of the SWAT drive?
Timidly?

Pretty aggessively I would think.

I've never been punched by a man.
How does THAT feel?
How do the punches of the top SWAT feeeel?

I am absolutely POSITIVE
that ONE of the punches
would BE too much for me.
Just one.

What does the top SWAT SAY
when he's kicking your...

Oh I coil up.

I am so sorry for her.
Even if she wasn't hit.
Just to BE there.
Hated.
Someone wanting you spread
dead
on the pavement.
Someone who will leave you living
in the shadow of terror
until one of you is

dead.

How can she ever go anywhere?
Cross a street
without fear?

Is she like me giving
far abnormal amounts of my life
to wondering when?

Do Top SWAT's drive around
withOUT their weapon?

NOOOOOOOO.

Drunk with a weapon
trying to kill me with a "car"?

How does the lowered inhibitions
of being drunk affect
his judgement when he is throwing
the punches?

Aiming at homicide.

How does it effect
the use of your gun?
When you're this mad, and drunk?

And what is it called if
*I* try to run a woman down
with MY car?

Wait, wait, - what is it called
if I try to run down

a federal marshal?

AND THEN,
DRUNK, I GET IN MY CAR. DRIVE!
TAKE OFF
AND GO
HIDE IN THE HOUSE
OF THE FEMALE I JUST
TRIED TO KILL WITH
MY "CAR"
(Cloud suspects
this is at least
a very big car)

That sounds like,
to any reasonable person,
like I AM
MOST LIKELY
LAYING WAIT
TO TRY TO KILL OR
TORMENT HER

again.

I AM THE HEAD OF THE S W A T TEAM
SO I DO NOT

HIDE
WITHOUT
MY

GUN.

WHAT AN AWFUL NIGHT.

But let's say I am all pumped up with my
testosterone
my gun
my rage
and my alcohol
decide to try to kill my ex
and a federal marshall

hide out in the house
of my wanna-make-a-murder-victim ex

- ALLLLL THESE TERRIBLE THINGS.

Say I do.

Can a friend just come
take me home?

I TOO WANT AN EMPLOYER
WHO WILL PAY ME
TO STAY HOME WHILE WE WORK THIS OUT -

IN-HOUSE...

While we work out this domestic button pushing.

PAID.
NO DUI.
NO FEDERAL OFFENSE
ON THE ATTEMPTED MURDER
OF THE FED DUDE.
No civilian investigation
or courts.
Whew!

NO ATTEMPTED MURDER
OF THE EX WIFE.
LET'S NOT BUMP IT UP INTO
ALL THOSE FELONY TYPE CATEGORIES
THAT MIGHT RUIN HIS

CAREER,


RIGHT?

(Where is the reporter in this?
Sleeping?
Afraid?
In the department's back pocket?)

DID SHE LET HIM IN HER HOUSE?
DID HE BREAK IN? (BURGLARY/TRESPASS)
IF SHE DID WAS IT WILLINGLY OR
BY COMPULSION?

I HAVE QUESTIONS...

Like is she safe?

I asked how can she cross a street without fear...

but how can she even

ever enter
her own
home without the unseen
scent of ambush
wafting her thoughts?

Domestic terror.

3 comments:

  1. Judging from my reaction to this site which you have mounted on the wall, as it becomes more widely known, the knowing gratitude of others will overwhelm you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a kind thing to say.
    As you can guess, not everyone feels the same.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ISN'T IT IRONIC?

    34-hour attack, rape leads to arrest of R.I. man
    By Kurt Allemeier, kallemeier@qconline.com
    2006-11-15
    ...In the incident, a male assailant arrived at the victim's apartment saying he stole the drugs and gun, Moline police Lt. Jerome Patrick said... he pulled the telephone off the wall, punched her, shoved her into a shower stall where he kicked and threatened to kill her with a large kitchen knife. At one point the victim told police she was choked unconscious. After she regained consciousness the man forced her to have sex, Lt. Patrick said... Friends of the victim warned her of Mr. Jones' history of violence, Lt. Patrick said...
    http://qconline.com/qcnews/archives/qco/display.php?id=315148

    ReplyDelete

Please post updates or email them to behindthebluewall@gmail.com. No cop-hating or victim-hating comments allowed. Word verification had to be added due to spam attacks on this blog.