Featured Post

PINNED POST. CLICK HERE: Keeping these 3 videos of officer-involved domestic violence fatalities on top from now on...

Officer-Involved Domestic Fatalities - 1 Officer-Involved Domestic Fatalities - 2 [WA] Tragedy Will Occur If They Don't Have ...

Custom Search

Wednesday, July 11, 2007

[OH] Not Michelle's day to die

This spot is to say to Michelle in Ohio that I have been praising God all day that you are alive.

Yesterday morning I read in the news about the terrifying car chase, and that you had been shot in the head before the police officer husband you were divorcing fatally turned the weapon on himself. The accounts of what happened are still new so I'm not sure how accurate that is, but by evening news time it was being reported that you have been treated and RELEASED from the hospital. My hands went up in the air. I emailed my friends and I told my kids, "Michelle lives."

He did not succeed in what it appears he intended.
It wasn't your day to die.

I read this too:
"...Fellow officers, who did not want to be named, said that [he] frequently talked about his wife and how much he loved her..."

The story of what has happened is sad no matter which way you turn it. I am so sorry for the undeserved harm you have lived through, and praying for your life and spirit to be made new.

Much love.

5 comments:

  1. AnonymousJuly 12, 2007

    Priase the Lord! I am so glad to hear you are well. I don't know you but I knoe someone not as lucky as you. Best wishes

    ReplyDelete
  2. AnonymousJuly 12, 2007

    I am the wife of a Texas police officer and I enjoy reading your blog. I would like to be able to follow some of the stories in the news, but I often have trouble finding anything about them in the MSM when you don't post details such as names or cities.
    Would you consider including a link to the news story or searchable details?
    I belong to a group of LE spouses who pray for support each other and other LE families. I believe it is important to be prepared to approach the challenges and risks involved in LE life.
    Thank you for helping to keep me informed!
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Susan,
    To follow the stories in the news we do that here:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/police_dv/

    This blog is just where I put enough to keep the subject in view. The link above is a news archive where I post and gather who is doing what where - bad, good, and fyi.

    Sometimes I provide news links here on the blog, I almost always provide enough info to google, and rarely - like with Michelle here - I choose to not identify exactly who I am talking about. That has only happened a couple of times - I had my reasons for not identifying her last name, her husband or his department when I wrote this.

    It's really to Michelle.

    If you want to know more though feel free to write me.
    cloud_writer@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Susan -
    what you said is amazing - "I believe it is important to be prepared to approach the challenges and risks involved in LE life."
    I've never seen that before.
    Never.
    Long story and an interesting subject to explore. I'll be back.

    Hugz.

    ReplyDelete
  5. AnonymousJuly 13, 2007

    Thank you Cloud-writer.

    I appreciate the hard work you put in to keep your readers informed.

    Thanks for the link!

    Susan

    ReplyDelete

Please post updates or email them to behindthebluewall@gmail.com. No cop-hating or victim-hating comments allowed. Word verification had to be added due to spam attacks on this blog.