Featured Post

PINNED POST. CLICK HERE: Keeping these 3 videos of officer-involved domestic violence fatalities on top from now on...

Officer-Involved Domestic Fatalities - 1 Officer-Involved Domestic Fatalities - 2 [WA] Tragedy Will Occur If They Don't Have ...

Custom Search

Wednesday, March 23, 2005

[OH] ELIZABETH HARTON - Stabbed and shot by fired police officer husband

Ohio - Elizabeth was a Columbus police cadet trainee & wife of fired Columbus police officer, Hermando "Cliff" Harton Jr., who was stabbed many times,

but it was the gunshot to the head that killed her.

He then stole a sheriff's sport-utility vehicle and kept troopers at bay on an interstate for 4 1/2 hours.

She had asked him for a divorce that morning.

3 comments:

  1. I just found this today. I knew both of them. I don't know what made me think of them today, but I've been googling all morning. I like what you've put together here on your page. Good job with this. Thanks! ~Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you aware of DPD Officer Tabitha McCree who was shot in the stomach in her cruiser on 1/19/07? She told the ER staff that it was her husband, but within hours the reports had changed to suicide, even though McCree was undergoing surgery. She died during surgery and her death was ruled a suicide. Her husband was also DPD.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Email me.
    oidvn@yahoo.com

    It is amazing to me how little has been said. I can't find an obituary in the library archives. I have the articles. My friend has a small amount up on her Michigan blog.

    One of the things that is most amazing to me is that there are no online family or friends saying anything at all - not even a sad goodbye.

    Detroit is really scary. I'm watching the Tamara Greene deposition articles now too.

    But email me please because I have a question - then I'll be sure to resurrect the issue of Tabitha.

    No one should just be forgotten. Tabitha's life and service were swept under the rug quickly.

    No respect or honor shown that I can see.

    ReplyDelete

Please post updates or email them to behindthebluewall@gmail.com. No cop-hating or victim-hating comments allowed. Word verification had to be added due to spam attacks on this blog.