Featured Post

PINNED POST. CLICK HERE: Keeping these 3 videos of officer-involved domestic violence fatalities on top from now on...

Officer-Involved Domestic Fatalities - 1 Officer-Involved Domestic Fatalities - 2 [WA] Tragedy Will Occur If They Don't Have ...

Custom Search

Thursday, August 4, 2011

[MI] Kalamazoo Officer arrested for domestic violence. Wife declined offered medical treatment.

"...I am truly in fear for my life with the severity of this situation and numerous prior assaults and threats on my life. I am even more so concerned, considering his position and knowledge and access to firearms and weapons. I feel that if his job is in jeopardy that it will displease him to a point of an emotional breakdown..."

KALAMAZOO OFFICER'S PRETRIAL SET FOR MONDAY IN ALLEGED DOMESTIC ASSAULT MATTER Kalamazoo Gazette
By Rosemary Parker
August 04, 2011
[Excerpts] A 37-year-old Kalamazoo police officer arrested in Van Buren County after his wife placed a 911 call shortly before 8 p.m. Sunday, is scheduled to be back in court Monday. Court records show that Steve Luthy is scheduled for a pretrial hearing Aug 8. He was was arraigned Aug. 1 in Van Buren County District Court on one count of misdemeanor domestic violence in front of District Judge Robert T. Hentchel. Hentchel released Luthy on a personal-recognizance bond... Van Buren County Undersheriff Gabrielle Rought said this morning that "probable cause existed, so an arrest was made" by sheriff's deputies... Rought said she would not release further details... Luthy's wife declined to seek medical treatment, which "was offered," Rought said. Luthy was placed on administrative leave, according to the statement issued by the public safety department... [Full article here]


UPDATE:

TRIAL DATE SCHEDULED FOR KALAMAZOO PUBLIC SAFETY OFFICER ACCUSED OF DOMESTIC VIOLENCE; COURT FILING DETAILS ALLEGATIONS
Kalamazoo Gazette
By Rex Hall Jr.
Monday, August 08, 2011
[Excerpts] ...Attorneys in the case of [Kalamazoo Public Safety officer] Steven V. Luthy, 37, met behind closed doors Monday during a pretrial hearing in Van Buren County District Court in South Haven. Luthy is scheduled to appear for a second pretrial hearing Sept. 28 and is to stand trial Oct. 6,... Luthy's wife ... petitioned Van Buren Circuit Judge Paul E. Hamre for a personal-protection order against her husband on Aug. 1, a day after the incident... Hamre authorized the request the same day. The filing alleges two other incidents of domestic violence going back two years. Court documents indicate the couple has been together five years and that there are three children in the home. In the filing, [the wife] wrote that her husband has punched her in the face, spat on her and, in one incident several months ago, he told her: "Everyone in our family would be better off if you were dead, I get excited thinking of coming home and seeing your brains splattered everywhere"... Luthy, a 10-year veteran of KDPS, is currently on paid administrative leave with the agency. In the July 31 incident, [she] wrote that "he came home drunk, I asked if he had fun, he started following me, I called my sister. He hit the phone out of my hand, smashed the side of my face, pushed me down the stairs then we fought - he punched me in the face - my sister called the police - he smashed my phone which was actually his. Your honor, I am requesting a PPO against my husband, Steve... He was arrested yesterday for physically assaulting me. I am truly in fear for my life with the severity of this situation and numerous prior assaults and threats on my life. I am even more so concerned, considering his position and knowledge and access to firearms and weapons. I feel that if his job is in jeopardy that it will displease him to a point of an emotional breakdown. He has shown many times his inability to control his emotions and my family and myself have a great concern of what he is capable of doing." Included with the PPO petition were photos taken by authorities that show injuries to [her] forehead, knee, chin, leg, arm, ankle, elbow, foot, eye, and back. It's unclear when the photos were taken... [Full article here] [police officer involved domestic violence oidv intimate partner violence ipv abuse law enforcement public safety michigan state politics]

2 comments:

Please post updates or email them to behindthebluewall@gmail.com. No cop-hating or victim-hating comments allowed. Word verification had to be added due to spam attacks on this blog.