Featured Post

PINNED POST. CLICK HERE: Keeping these 3 videos of officer-involved domestic violence fatalities on top from now on...

Officer-Involved Domestic Fatalities - 1 Officer-Involved Domestic Fatalities - 2 [WA] Tragedy Will Occur If They Don't Have ...

Custom Search

Friday, November 21, 2008

[TN] Officer Daniel Scott Lane arrested for injuries to wife

...Based on the woman’s account of what happened and the marks on her neck, detectives determined there was probable cause to arrest Lane...

Kingsport Police officer arrested, charged with domestic assault
Kingsport Times News, TN
By Rain Smith
11/21/2008
A was arrested Thursday night for allegedly assaulting his wife. The two currently are separated. According to an arrest report from the Hawkins County Sheriff’s Department, deputies responded to a report of an assault at 203 Hickory Hill Road in Church Hill about 10 p.m. The alleged victim told deputies that her husband, Daniel Scott Lane, 32, had grabbed her by the throat and forced her to the bed. According to the arrest report, deputies observed several red marks on the woman’s throat. The marks were consistent with the type of assault described, deputies said in the report. Photos of the woman’s injuries were taken. Based on the woman’s account of what happened and the marks on her neck, detectives determined there was probable cause to arrest Lane, 1513 Pendleton St., Kingsport. The police report says Lane was arrested at the Church Hill Police Department, charged with domestic assault, and taken to the Hawkins County Jail. Lane is a patrolman for the Kingsport Police Department, Police Chief Gale Osborne confirmed. He was hired on March 10. Prior to that, he had several years of experience as a Hawkins County deputy, Osborne said. Osborne said this is the first time Lane has gotten into trouble since he joined the department. Lane has been placed on administrative leave with pay pending the outcome of an internal investigation, Osborne said. [LINK]

10 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've got nothing to back all of that up?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well... I see you are left with nothing to back up what you are accusing so it's only ethical that I delete your post. It appears to be slander and a distraction.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Domestic assault arraignment for Kingsport officer set; investigation continues
    Kingsport Times News, TN
    Published 12/01/2008

    Kingsport patrolman Daniel Scott Lane will be arraigned on an domestic assault charge Dec. 15 in Hawkins Count General Sessions court.

    Lane was arrested following a Nov. 20 incident in Church Hill, according to an arrest report from the Hawkins County Sheriff's Department.

    Deputies went to 203 Hickory Hill Road about 10 p.m. to investigate an assault call, according to the report. Lane's estranged wife, the alleged victim, told deputies that Lane had grabbed her by the throat and forced her to the bed. Investigators photographed red marks on the woman's neck, according to the report.

    Based on the woman’s account of what happened and the marks on her neck, detectives determined there was probable cause to arrest Lane, 32, 1513 Pendleton St., Kingsport.

    Following Lane's arrest, Kingsport Police Chief Gale Osborne confirmed Lane is on paid administrative leave pending the outcome of an internal investigation. Osborne also confirmed that Lane was an experienced Hawkins County deputy before he joined the Kingsport Police Department on March 10.

    On Monday Osborne said the investigation is continuing and had no further comment about the case.

    http://www.timesnews.net/article.php?id=9009264

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  7. SHE should be prosecuted?

    You must be his mother or his sister!

    "...deputies observed several red marks on the woman’s throat. The marks were consistent with the type of assault described, deputies said in the report. Photos of the woman’s injuries were taken..."

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is Courtney Lane and I feel I have the right to defend some of these accusations. As far as what happened to me when I was 15 this was not a lie, it was the first sexual experience I had and that day has stayed with me everyday of my life. I will not go into all the details but in the end I was left in a ditch. I wonder all the time how my life would be different if that had never happened. The fact that you say you don't know Mr. Lane personally says alot because that is just it you do not know how he can be. Most people see the person I fell in love with and someone who puts a good face on for the public. The last 2 years of our marriage I didn't have that part of him anymore. I was not allowed to cash my check, yelled at for getting things for our children including groceries, and even got yelled at for buying tampons. He would always give his buddies pity stories to con them into buying lunch for him even when he had money. The whole thing about how I cheated on him well he cheated on me with his co-workers wife and another employee who works at Hawkins County. I did make some mistakes and didn't tell the complete truth in the beginning but since then I have paid for my mistakes. He now lives off of Kingsport Police Department through their Community Policing program rent free. I have to struggle to keep a roof over my 3 children and make sure they have what they need. I am just trying to move on with my life for me and my children and people like you that are to afraid to say who you are really have no place saying anything at all about something you have no clue about. Next time why don't you at least admit who you are since you know me so well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Courtney, I am reading the post that you are responding to and I can't even believe I let that post go through. It's just talk - and I don't really let people smash the stated victim of a case. SO I'm deleting that comment now. Would you like me to delete your response as well?

    HUGS TO YOU, and sorry for not catching that sooner. It's awful.

    Much love,
    Cloud

    ReplyDelete
  10. To the person trying to post accusations - you need to validate or take your accusations to the proper people.

    ReplyDelete

Please post updates or email them to behindthebluewall@gmail.com. No cop-hating or victim-hating comments allowed. Word verification had to be added due to spam attacks on this blog.