Featured Post

PINNED POST. CLICK HERE: Keeping these 3 videos of officer-involved domestic violence fatalities on top from now on...

Officer-Involved Domestic Fatalities - 1 Officer-Involved Domestic Fatalities - 2 [WA] Tragedy Will Occur If They Don't Have ...

Custom Search

Monday, September 14, 2009

[OR] Slain Lisa Bonney feared her former-cop, businessman ex-boyfriend: “I was thinking, ‘Oh my God, he's going to kill me'”...

...“I was thinking, ‘Oh my God, he's going to kill me,'” [Lisa] Bonney wrote in the petition for a protection order... [Brian Brushes' ex-wife] Tammie Brush wrote that she filed for divorce from Brush when he threatened to kill her... [Lisa Bonney's sister Kim] Klingler said her sister ended her relationship with Brush two months ago. Then, she said, the stalking began and Bonney got a restraining order. "She called me every night; she was scared"...

...They say the two were arguing near the beach. When the victim tried to walk away, police say Brush grabbed a shotgun from his truck and shot her [3 times in the back]... in front of several witnesses and three Long Beach police officers...


FORMER MEDFORD POLICE OFFICER CHARGED WITH MURDER
KDRV Staff & Associated Press
September 14, 2009
[Excerpts] A former Medford police officer and Southern Oregon businessman is accused of murder. 47-year-old Brian Brush is charged with gunning down his girlfriend in the coastal town of Long Beach, Washington Friday in broad daylight with tourists nearby and police watching. Investigators say Brush shot his girlfriend 45-year-old Lisa Bonney with a shotgun three times in the back. They say the two were arguing near the beach. When the victim tried to walk away, police say Brush grabbed a shotgun from his truck and shot her. Police say he immediately surrendered as nearby officers ran to the scene. The shooting happened during the annual Rod Run to the End of the World classic car rally that draws thousands of people and hot rods to the Long Beach Peninsula. Brush is currently being held in the Pacific County Jail in South Bend, Wash. on $5 million bail... [LINK]



BRUSH MURDER CASE: SHOOTING VICTIM FEARED FOR HER LIFE
The News-Review
Marissa Harshman mharshman@nrtoday.com
Monday, September 14, 2009
[Excerpts] The woman Brian K. Brush allegedly murdered in broad daylight Friday had filed a restraining order in late July, saying she feared Brush would kill her, according to court documents. Lisa G. Bonney, 45, filed for a protection order July 29 following a violent outburst by Brush days before. According to documents filed with South Pacific District Court in Long Beach, Wash., where the victim lived, Brush broke a wine bottle on the counter near Bonney and smashed a wooden chair into the back of the sofa on which she was sitting. “I was thinking, ‘Oh my God, he's going to kill me,'” Bonney wrote in the petition for a protection order. The petition also lists four other incidents in which Brush “exhibited rage” and destroyed Bonney's property. In one incident in September 2008, Brush allegedly beat Bonney's car with a hammer and threatened to harm her with the tool, according to court documents. In an e-mail written by Brush and submitted to the court in support of the protection order, Brush tells members of his family, Bonney and her children that he feels like he is out of control. “I am scared, lonely, and I need help,” he wrote in the July 26 e-mail. “I can't control myself and my feelings of anger. I am out of control, and I have no idea why... I have crash landed... Why do I lie. Why do I hate myself. I know what I am doing is wrong but I can't stop... I want to change myself but I can't and this scares me.” A letter written by Brush's ex-wife, Tammie Brush of Roseburg, was also submitted to the court in support of the protection order. In the letter dated July 29, Tammie Brush wrote that she filed for divorce from Brush when he threatened to kill her. Their divorce was finalized May 15, 2008. “I truly believe that Brian Brush is capable of killing someone and that his rage is uncontrollable,” Tammie Brush wrote... Brush, 47, allegedly shot and killed Bonney in broad daylight Friday afternoon, in front of several witnesses and three Long Beach police officers... Brush was charged with first-degree murder and is being held in Pacific County Jail in South Bend, Wash., on $5 million bail. Bonney, 45, was raised in Long Beach and leaves behind two daughters, 18-year-old Elizabeth Bonney and 16-year-old Olivia Bonney. Bonney worked as a real estate agent at Long Beach Realty for nearly two decades. One of her co-workers for the past 18 years, who asked that his name not be used, said Bonney had ended her relationship with Brush about a month ago. “I wouldn't say they were off and on, I would say she left him about a month ago and he was unwilling to accept that,” the co-worker said. Bonney's co-worker said she was outgoing, bright and a talented agent... Brush worked as a police officer for the Medford Police Department from June 1988 to July 1994, department spokesmen confirmed this morning. Brush left the department due to medical disability... [Full article here]


POLICE: ROSEBURG MAN GUNS DOWN EX IN FRONT OF TOURISTS
KVAL
By Susan Harding KATU News and KATU.com Staff
Story Published: Sep 14, 2009
[Excerpts] A man who owned one of the largest fishing boat companies in the region is accused of murdering his ex-girlfriend in broad daylight. Police in Long Beach said two officers witnessed the shooting - which happened at 4:41 p.m. Friday. Also witnessing the shooting were dozens of tourists in town for a car festival. Sunday a memorial has been set up for 45-year-old Lisa Bonney just a few feet from where the trio of shotgun blasts ended her life. "I knew something would happen," her sister, Kim Klingler, told KATU. "But I never dreamed it would be like this." Bonney's oldest sister couldn't know the mother of two would die in broad daylight - with tourists nearby - and two police officers watching... "She was walking away from the conflict," Klingler said. "It's very hard ... she was everything to me. She was there when no one else was there for me"... Klingler said her sister ended her relationship with Brush two months ago. Then, she said, the stalking began and Bonney got a restraining order. "She called me every night; she was scared," Klingler said. "I went with her a few times to make sure she got home okay"... "I would like to see either the death penalty," Klingler said, "or life in prison without parole"... [Full article here]

[police officer involved domestic violence law enforcement fatality fatalities murder washington oregon hx repeat mental health stalk* fear afraid]

26 comments:

  1. MY GOD, when will they hear our cries for help? When will they stop ignoring us???? How many more of us will have to die, how many more of us will be left with the scars of the horrible abuse that, so many police and state police put so many of us through???

    My prayers are with our falling sister.

    God bless!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mr. Brush obviously had it in his mind to do this lovely person harm on that day. Why would he show up to a meeting with a shotgun in his vehicle? There is no open hunting season. Lisa Bonney was murdered in the prime of her life, leaving two daughters behind. Mr. Brush is a bad man, not a broken individual as some have said.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am speechless! I knew Lisa and knew her well. I pray for Ray and their two daughters along with all her loved ones. This is a very very sad loss.I hope her killer gets what he deserves.

    SR

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have met Mr Brush and competed against him for years. He is a lowdown dirty manipulator when it comes to business and has even been heard saying that he didn't care if his boats made a profit as long as he could put the "other guy" out of business. Well what goes around comes around it is just to bad so many had to suffer along the way.
    He deserves the chair.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mr. Brush deserves the maximum sentence. I am a family member and I want justice for our family and for all women who suffer at the hands of men who have the attitude "if I can't have her, nobody else will". Life, without parole or the chair, either one is too good for that man. Our whole family is heartbroken. SK

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am very saddened that the system failed another Domestic Violence Victim. Rest in Peace Lisa you were a beautiful, amazing woman.
    You will be forgotten.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have met this man and have heard the things he has done not only to Lisa but to her girls in the past. It is hard to beleive someone could be so cruel. I hope he gets life in prison because death is too easy.He deserves to suffer horribly at the hands of others for the reast of his life...LG

    ReplyDelete
  8. 50 Million dollar bail? He's not going anywhere. They set that bail like they don't want anyone to even THINK about bailing him out!

    I AM SO SORRY to those of you who knew, liked, or loved Lisa. This is awful to hear about even for those who never knew her. She was truly stolen - and it's unimaginable that anyone thinks they have the RIGHT to do that.

    MUCH LOVE to the family and friends.

    ReplyDelete
  9. my very best friend in the world. my lisa. i miss you, my love. your d.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so tragic; Lisa was a beautiful woman who had so much more to give. May god be with her friends and family as they grieve her loss.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This absolutely sickens me!!! I was personally harassed by this man back in the early 90's, while he was with the Medford Police Department. His behaviour was no secret back then. This should have never happened!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I AM SO SORRY LOST MY CLOSE FRIEND VALERIE KLINGLER AUNT TO LISA BONNEY JUST TOLD ME WHAT HAPPEN,MY HEART AND PRAYERS GO TO ALL OF THE FAMILY. THIS SHOULD,OF NEVER HAPPEN,MAY SHE REST IN PEACE.
    HENRY & SABRINA BARBON

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am so saddened by the terrible murder that happened in our little community. Lisa was a vibrant person and will be missed by all the people that knew her. Brian will suffer for ever for giving in to his impulses. No one will win. The question is what could we do to make sure that this never happens again?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Exactly one month ago today my friend was shot in the back by that horrible monster posing as a human being. This community remains completly and uderly torn up from this heinous crime. Brian Brush is going to Western State hospital for a mental evaluation to see if he is competent to stand trial. Where is the justice in that? I can't get my head around this at all. He premeditated this murder and now he want's an out. My heart breaks for every family member, friend and loved one of Lisa's. Brian needs to get the death penalty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I see her every day in my mind..... still not believing shes gone..there is not enough words to describe the realm of emotions, my girls and I are exsperiencing.
    I guess god lets us have pain so that we can learn compassion, appreciation,commitment,love and realize we dont and can't walk this journey alone.
    We miss you lise and allways will till our journey is over.

    ReplyDelete
  16. To the Family and Friends of Lisa Bonney.

    My thoughts and prayers go out to you all.

    Lisa Will Be truly missed by all of us.

    LG

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lisa was a wonderful woman, as good as family to many people. Pray for her family, and those who loved her for this is so hard. I knew her almost as well as anyone, and loved her endlessly.

    I will miss her until the end of my time. It is so horrible that she could be so simply removed from our lives. One minute she was there, and the next we all stood empty.

    Rest in peace my angel, we love you with all of our hearts.

    ReplyDelete
  18. It's over and done. The verdict has come back. He is guilty of aggravated murder.

    I'm glad this nightmare is finally over. Condolences and best wishes to the friends and family of Lisa Bonney from an eyewitness of the crime. <3

    ReplyDelete
  19. [OR] Ex-Medford Police Officer Brian Brush gets 88 years for murdering ex-girlfriend, Lisa Bonney
    http://behindthebluewall.blogspot.com/2012/02/or-ex-medford-police-officer-brian.html

    ReplyDelete
  20. I knew Lisa, I was living on the beach when this happened, & her daughter Olivia was my best friend. The second I heard I rushed to Olivia at her workplace and at the same time that I was pulling in, so was three cop cars and her father to tell her the news. This scarred my life and has practically ruined Olivia.
    Please keep sending prayers for Lisa's family. She was a beautiful, loving and amazing woman. I and as well as my own mother looked up to her. When that man took her away, he destroyed so much happiness that we have still not recovered from the pain and probably never will.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I don't know if anyone still skims this page, but the man that committed this murder filed an appeal in may of last year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AnonymousJune 15, 2015

      Any further info?

      Delete
    2. AnonymousJuly 03, 2015

      http://www.dailyastorian.com/Free/20150702/supreme-court-tosses-out-exceptional-murder-sentence

      This is unbelievable. Why does this murderer have so much power? How long will it be before women can feel safe?

      Delete
  22. AnonymousJuly 10, 2022

    He’s a disgusting POS

    ReplyDelete

Please post updates or email them to behindthebluewall@gmail.com. No cop-hating or victim-hating comments allowed. Word verification had to be added due to spam attacks on this blog.