Custom Search

Monday, September 27, 2010

[PA] Slain Pennsylvania State Trooper Michael Young and his wife Mary remembered


Mary Jane Young shot and killed her husband and then took her own life August 10th, 1986 in Hazleton, Luzerne County Pennsylvania. According to the one article I could find in library archives, Mary had been released from a psychiatric hospital the month before.

Was she abused? Was she going crazy? Was she framed? Was he a good husband, supportive - or bad? I don't know. I only know that they were here and through a tragic ending they are both gone.

No one should be forgotten.
[police officer involved domestic violence oidv intimate partner violence (IPV) abuse law enforcement public safety fatality fatalities lethal murder suicide female perp pennsylvania state]

5 comments:

  1. This is a very tragic story. may I ask why you have blogged about it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hoping to learn more because so little is written.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was their neighbor. Three kids if I recall. Two twin baby girls.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am their son. I remember going to the neighbors house after it happened. We shucked corn until my family could regroup. I have never gone back. My sisters and I survived the storm and are doing well with our own families. Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so sorry you lost your parents, so glad you have each other, and that you all made it through.

    ReplyDelete

Please post updates or email them to behindthebluewall@gmail.com. No cop-hating or victim-hating comments allowed. Word verification had to be added due to spam attacks on this blog.