Featured Post

PINNED POST. CLICK HERE: Keeping these 3 videos of officer-involved domestic violence fatalities on top from now on...

Officer-Involved Domestic Fatalities - 1 Officer-Involved Domestic Fatalities - 2 [WA] Tragedy Will Occur If They Don't Have ...

Custom Search

Saturday, February 2, 2008

[FL] Ex-Deputy Pach convicted of killing wife Sharon

Retired deputy convicted of murder
St. Petersburg Times, FL
By COLLEEN JENKINS and ABBIE VANSICKLE
February 2, 2008
Francis Pach worked as a deputy for the Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office for 27 years before retiring in 2000. Four years later, his former employer arrested him on a charge of first-degree murder after finding his ailing wife shot dead in the couple's bedroom. Sharon Pach had been shot twice in the head and twice in the chest. This week, Pach's fate got a bit clearer. A jury found him guilty of second-degree murder. Pach, 67, will be sentenced by Hillsborough Circuit Judge William Fuente on March 7 and could get life in prison. Prosecutor Stephen Udagawa argued that the number of shots fired and Francis Pach's previous statements about wanting to kill himself and his wife proved his intent to murder. The defense used an insanity strategy for the retired deputy, who previously was found incompetent to stand trial. Pach wore his jail jumpsuit instead of street clothes through the trial. Udagawa speculated he did so either to boost his strategy or to gain sympathy with jurors.

Excerpts from 2004:

Daughter can't forgive father for mother's death
ABC Action News report 7
7/09/04)
A former Hillsborough County deputy has been charged with shooting and killing his wife, and now, the couple's daughter says it is as if she lost both of her parents. "I feel like I went to bed and had a bad dream and haven't woken up yet," explained Toni Ward, who is still struggling to convince herself her mother is gone... "She was my best friend all through my whole life... She was just a happy, vibrant woman who loved us and the grandkids, and lived for us"... Toni has not had any contact with her father since he was arrested, and she doesn't expect she ever will again. In her mind, she's lost both her parents and forgiveness is not an option. "He's taken away me and my sister's mother. He's taken away my children's only grandmother they've ever had -- because my husband lost his mother young --and our lives will never be the same again," Toni concluded.

OVERHEARD
St. Petersburg Times
July 19, 2004
..."I heard my mother was awake when it happened. And I just keep thinking, she looked at him and knew what he was going to do to her." - Toni Ward, reacting to the death of her mother...

4 comments:

  1. AnonymousJune 11, 2014

    We all knew what Frank was, even before he became a cop. Back then, I guess background checks weren't so strict. I'm a member of this family, and there were always stories of things he'd done as far back as early childhood. Somebody should look into what he did to his younger brother when they were kids, and the reason he gave for doing it. He had no business being a police officer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AnonymousJuly 07, 2022

      I wish I could chat or talk to you. I’m Frank half sister. His Dad’s only girl.

      Delete
    2. Jill-Pach StanfordJuly 07, 2022

      I wish I could contact you. I’m frank & Ricky’s step sister. Would love to talk to you.

      Delete
  2. AnonymousJune 30, 2022

    Yeah he was my Corporal. Strange he was but the job does that to you. He died in prison a solitary troubled person. He was old school all the way and his demented nature caught up with him.

    ReplyDelete

Please post updates or email them to behindthebluewall@gmail.com. No cop-hating or victim-hating comments allowed. Word verification had to be added due to spam attacks on this blog.