- [MI] Officer's wife, Lori DeKleine, murdered
- [MI] Chief Kruithoff ignored officer's crimes - Now Lori's dead
- [MI] Sister of murdered cop's wife Pam Aukerman speaks out
- [MI] Last words of Officer's wife, Lori DeKleine
- When parents kill parents - If everybody thinks you're horrible, I win
Trial of police officer accused of killing his wife at her home is scheduled for June
February 2, 2008
[Excerpts] The Holland police officer accused of killing his wife last month has pleaded not guilty for the charge of open murder... A jury trial has been scheduled for June 24. DeKleine, 44, was taken into custody the day after his wife, Lori, 43, was found dead in her Calvin Avenue home's basement Jan 10. The couple had separated and were going through a divorce before Lori's death. [Ken DeKleine's defense attorney Floyd] Farmer declined to comment on why DeKleine might enter a plea of not guilty despite having previously confessed to police that he committed the murder... The church and some individuals are working to put together a fund in the coming weeks for the children's education. "They have lives to continue to lead and school and no source of income to do it"...