Featured Post

PINNED POST. CLICK HERE: Keeping these 3 videos of officer-involved domestic violence fatalities on top from now on...

Officer-Involved Domestic Fatalities - 1 Officer-Involved Domestic Fatalities - 2 [WA] Tragedy Will Occur If They Don't Have ...

Custom Search

Friday, April 10, 2009

[OH] Ex-Officer Jesus Sanchez gets only 60 days - His victim is mad

Sanchez's Victim: ..."I'm very disappointed... I wrote in my calendar that 'Justice Day' was today. I feel that justice wasn't served... You laugh, point and tease as if you were being tried for stealing a candy bar... For nearly a decade, I've been living in a prison in my home, my heart and in my mind"...

Previous posts:
FORMER COP GETS 60 DAYS: SANCHEZ, 25-YEAR LORAIN VETERAN, FOUND GUILTY OF STALKING
The Morning Journal
By JEFF GREEN
jgreen@MorningJournal.com
April 7, 2009
[Excerpts] Former Lorain police officer Jesus Sanchez will begin serving 60 days in the county jail next Monday — the day after his 54th birthday — for harassing a Lorain woman during a 19-month period between 2001 and 2002. Sanchez, a 25-year veteran of the police department, was sentenced yesterday by Lorain County Common Pleas Judge Edward Zaleski, who found Sanchez guilty of one felony count of menacing by stalking last December. The judge also ordered Sanchez, who resigned from the police department on Dec. 15, to be placed on probation for two years. The victim in the case called for Zaleski to impose a harsh prison sentence. He could have received up to 18 months. "I'm very disappointed," the woman said after the sentencing. "I wrote in my calendar that 'Justice Day' was today. I feel that justice wasn't served"... The woman said yesterday she was upset Sanchez did not apologize in court. She said his actions have ruined her life by making her terrified to leave her home. She added she is on medications for depression, is afraid to leave her home and has sleeping problems. "You laugh, point and tease as if you were being tried for stealing a candy bar," the woman told Sanchez. "Try to realize you have stolen time that can never be replaced. ... For nearly a decade, I've been living in a prison in my home, my heart and in my mind"... [Jesus Sanchez's attorney Terry] Gilbert said the woman, who heavily sobbed throughout the sentencing and said she was sick to her stomach, was merely acting and she is just out to get money from her lawsuit, which is pending in federal court... Assistant County Prosecutor Pete Gauthier asked Zaleski to send Sanchez to prison, acknowledging it is a difficult thing to do to a police officer. "He knew what he was doing was wrong, and he used his badge and his gun along with him to help him get away with it as long as he did," Gauthier said. "She was a virtual prisoner in her own home because of his actions. I would ask the court to show Mr. Sanchez what it's like to be a real prisoner and send him to prison" [Full article here]
[police officer involved domestic violence armed]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please post updates or email them to behindthebluewall@gmail.com. No cop-hating or victim-hating comments allowed. Word verification had to be added due to spam attacks on this blog.