Featured Post

PINNED POST. CLICK HERE: Keeping these 3 videos of officer-involved domestic violence fatalities on top from now on...

Officer-Involved Domestic Fatalities - 1 Officer-Involved Domestic Fatalities - 2 [WA] Tragedy Will Occur If They Don't Have ...

Custom Search

Thursday, May 11, 2023

[MA] DETROIT POLICE OFFICER MARIA MARTIN KILLED IN COP ETHINGTON MURDER-SUICIDE

Detroit police Matthew Ethington shot his girlfriend Detroit police Maria Martin multiple times, killing her, then fatally shot himself. "...Sources also said there were some domestic issues between them, but nothing that would suggest a murder-suicide..."

DETROIT POLICE KILLED IN MURDER-SUICIDE DESCRIBED AS 'MODEL OFFICERS' BY CHIEF
February 21, 2023
[EXCERPTS] Sources told FOX 2 that Maria Martin and Matthew Ethington II went through a recent breakup before Ethington is accused of shooting Martin and then himself in Livonia. Both were Detroit police officers, who the department's chief described as "model officers"... Detroit police Chief James White said nothing in the records of two officers killed in a murder-suicide could have foreshadowed what happened... SOURCES ALSO SAID THERE WERE SOME DOMESTIC ISSUES BETWEEN THEM, BUT nothing that would suggest a murder-suicide would be the outcome. The pair had two children together, including a 1-year-old who was home at the time. That child was not harmed... White said the department is looking at what can be learned from this tragedy...
https://www.fox2detroit.com/news/detroit-police-killed-in-murder-suicide-described-as-model-officers-by-chief


BABY WAS HOME DURING DETROIT COPS' MURDER-SUICIDE IN LIVONIA
A police report obtained through an open records request sheds new light on the deaths of Matthew Ethington and Maria Martin.

Feb 27, 2023
[EXCERPTS]  A 1-year-old boy was home last week when his father allegedly fatally shot his mother before turning the gun on himself, according to a police report from the Livonia officer who found the bodies and the crying child inside their townhouse... Officers on Feb. 19 discovered the wailing boy wandering around the master bedroom in a dirty diaper while the bodies of his parents, Matthew Ethington and Maria Martin, were in the living room near two handguns and multiple spent shell casings... Livonia Officer William Doster had just responded to a false alarm run at about 12:17 p.m., "when I noticed that a gold minivan began following me and honking its horn," he wrote in his report. "I pulled into Rotary Park and stopped my patrol vehicle to check with the driver." The woman identified herself as Martin's mother... "(She) informed me that she had last spoke to her daughter on the phone at approximately (6:30-7 a.m.) this morning and that she could hear Maria and Matthew arguing before the phone call abruptly ended"...
https://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/local/wayne-county/2023/02/27/baby-was-home-during-parents-murder-suicide/69949281007/

SLAIN LIVONIA WOMAN WAS DEDICATED MOTHER, BRAVE POLICE OFFICER
March 16, 2023
[EXCERPTS] Maria Martin's family and colleagues say she didn't do things halfway. She was, they say, a loving mother to her two sons, a dedicated sibling to her brothers and sisters, and a courageous officer for the Detroit Police Department who wanted to make a difference in the world... Martin was a dedicated mother who frequently talked about her two sons, one of whom was the son of her boyfriend, according to Detroit police Lt. Andre Walker, Martin's supervisor. Walker described her as the kind of parent who would do anything for her children...
https://www.hometownlife.com/story/news/2023/03/16/slain-detroit-police-officer-remembered-as-good-mom-and-brave-cop/70015833007/


GOFUNDME [no longer accepting donations]
Honor Maria Martin.
$4,973 raised
Aujanea Martin is organizing this fundraiser.
Today I lost my sister 02/19/23 due to domestic violence she never spoke on it to nobody she stayed quiet bro sis you could have told me bro I love you I would have helped stop letting these man be little break y’all to the man that killed my sister bro your a coward, how could you? you broke me you took my sister away from me I lost my sister I will never be the same I’m hurting I will never see my sister again, I passed my driver test yesterday my sister was so happy for me now she gone worst pain in the world bro I can never call you, she left two kids behind idk how to tell my nephews you gone I love you MARIA MARTIN I WILL NEVER STOP. till we meet again big sis GONE make you proud you didn’t even get to see me walk across the stage I’m doing this for you. lil sis gone make you proud I love you MARIA MARTIN SO MUCH I WILL NEVER STOP loving you I will make sure your kids know their mom was an super hero. I love you I will never forget you?? you taught me so many things get your rest big sis it’s gone haunt me everyday I never seen the signs this not goodbye it’s see you later
https://www.gofundme.com/f/kyv23s-help-bury-my-sister

tags police officer involved domestic violence oidv intimate partner violence abuse law enforcement public safety, murder suicide, children, dv hx, lethal fatality fatalities murder, michigan state politics, deputy,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please post updates or email them to behindthebluewall@gmail.com. No cop-hating or victim-hating comments allowed. Word verification had to be added due to spam attacks on this blog.