Featured Post

PINNED POST. CLICK HERE: Keeping these 3 videos of officer-involved domestic violence fatalities on top from now on...

Officer-Involved Domestic Fatalities - 1 Officer-Involved Domestic Fatalities - 2 [WA] Tragedy Will Occur If They Don't Have ...

Custom Search

Monday, June 28, 2010

[CA] Murder of Culver City Police Lt. Harvey Bailey's wife, Jan Bailey, never solved

Harvey Bailey's attorney says they know who killed Jan? Is that the kind of evidence you can withhold to use only if murder charges are eventually filed? Really? And who was Jan Bailey? I haven't seen ANYthing printed that says who she was as a human being (daughter, mother, community member) - before she was the victim of this brutal homicide. I want to know.

2006 Video:


Daily News of Los Angeles (CA)
December 25, 1992
The wife of a Culver City police sergeant died at a hospital Thursday, about an hour after her husband found her beaten in the couple's Los Angeles house. Jan Bailey, 34, died at Daniel Freeman Memorial Hospital in Inglewood, said coroner's spokesman Scott Carrier. She was found by her husband, Harvey, after he came home from work about 6 a.m., said Detective Paul Mize of the Los Angeles Police Department's South Bureau Homicide Section.

Los Angeles Times
Lois Timnick
Feb 28, 1993. pg. 1
[Excerpts] It was just before dawn last Christmas Eve that Culver City Police Sgt. Harvey Bailey delivered a batch of his wife's homemade cookies to fellow night-shift officers at the station, then came home to find her bludgeoned and strangled. The oven was still warm, the scent of chocolate chip cookies still filled the West 99th Street bungalow, and the couple's 8-year-old son still slept. Now the 34-year-old officer, twice named Culver City's Officer of the Year, is a suspect in Jan Bailey's slaying. Harvey Bailey says he is innocent. And he says he is taking the unusual step, as an uncharged murder suspect, of going public about the case in hopes that someone who saw something suspicious that night - in a neighborhood distrustful of police - will come forward. The killing itself received scant media attention...  Los Angeles Police Detective Philip Vannatter confirmed that Bailey is a suspect in the killing... Bailey acknowledges that his alibi is weak: He says he spent part of the night out skating alone. He admits that the marriage was troubled and that he was involved with another woman. He knows the police found no sign of forced entry, and that the money he stands to gain from his wife's life insurance and pension plan - less than $100,000 - could be seen as a motive... Bailey's lawyer, Joel Isaacson, said he has advised his client not to answer further questions or submit to a police polygraph test, both of which the lawyer considers harassment... Bailey said he "went roller-blading about 2 a.m.-I use a parking structure and some streets over in Culver City where it's safer-then came home to pick up the cookies." He said he did not go into the bedroom or see his wife then. "I got to the (police) station about 4 a.m., talked with co-workers about the upcoming holiday and got back home at 6 a.m. "I came in through the back and saw the door open," he said. "That's when I found Jan... I didn't know she had been strangled until I saw the death certificate." Bailey said he tried cardiopulmonary resuscitation, then dialed 911. Paramedics rushed the woman to Daniel Freeman Hospital, where she was pronounced dead at 7:04 a.m... "The house had a lot of security-bars and all-and Jan was super security-conscious," he said. "No one knows my hours and, since our cars are generally in the garage, it would not be apparent if I'm home or not. I left the car in the drive that night, and it is possible that I may have left the door unlocked. When my wife was doing the laundry, it was not uncommon for her to leave the door unlocked as she went back and forth to the laundry room across the driveway." Bailey said his family has been supportive, but he senses "a certain amount of distancing" by his fellow police officers. He had been scheduled for a stint as detective in robbery-homicide, but after the killing, he asked for and received a transfer to car theft detail. "Jan's family (in New Orleans) and my mom and dad and brother have been there for me through the whole thing," Bailey said. Both he and his son, Christopher, are undergoing grief counseling... Bailey said he might have aroused suspicion because he doesn't appear appropriately sorrowful. He took a week of bereavement leave and then returned to work. "I'm not one to give myself to strangers," Bailey said. "I cry-with my son. That part of me is too private. I've been numbed. There's a ton of feeling inside of me, (but) I'd just as soon keep myself locked down. I have safe places to go and do my grieving." [LINK]

Contributed by Ari L. Noonan
Wednesday, December 6, 2006
[Excerpts] Three weeks before the 14th anniversary of the murder of his wife, Culver City Police Lt. Harvey Bailey appeared in court in downtown Los Angeles this morning on an eight-month-old charge of possession of two assault weapons. In the absence of his lead attorney, Mr. Bailey’s arraignment was continued... The LAPD, which investigated Jan Bailey’s violent death in 1992, reopened the case about a year ago. Mr. Bailey’s Culver City police colleagues say the weapons charges that bobbed up several months later are an attempt, ultimately, to solve the murder. The charges — filed March 31 — reportedly have allowed LAPD to venture into areas that otherwise would not have been legally accessible to detectives. Sources told the frontpageonline.com that in an attempt to draw closer to the 48-year-old Mr. Bailey, the LAPD tapped his home telephone. But they came up empty... An officer who knows Mr. Bailey said the assault weapons charges — a Feather Industries AT9 and a Ruger Mini-14 Ranch Rifle — "are a source of embarrassment to him. Harvey takes great pride in maintaining an unsullied reputation. He feels something like this will tarnish his ability to lead." [LINK]

By Andrew Blankstein
December 13, 2006
[Excerpts] Culver City police officer Harvey Bailey returned home from his office early on Christmas Eve 1992 to find his wife strangled and bludgeoned to death in the bedroom of their South Los Angeles bungalow. Not long after, the police sergeant and two-time officer of the year became the main suspect in the slaying. Los Angeles Police Department homicide detectives repeatedly questioned him, and prosecutors convened a grand jury to examine the case. In the end, he was never charged in his wife's death. Bailey remarried and was promoted to lieutenant after working a series of assignments with the Culver City Police Department. But 14 years later, the LAPD is again examining the slaying of Jan Bailey — and the focus again is on the 28-year police veteran. LAPD detectives served search warrants at Bailey's two homes and his locker at Culver City police headquarters. As a result of those searches, Bailey has been charged with two felony counts of illegal possession of assault weapons and faces formal arraignment Thursday in criminal court.... Bailey's defense attorney, Joel Isaacson, said the current charges, which he characterized as "hyper-technical firearm violations," are part of a calculated effort by detectives to harass and pressure his client in connection with the cold case... The Baileys' 8-year-old son, Christopher, was sleeping in the house on the night of the crime... Neighbors told police that they had seen a gang member dubbed "Kojak" nearby around the time of the killing and said that two other home robbery-killings had occurred in the same month as his wife's murder, one of them less than a quarter of a mile away, *Bailey said*. Tom Lange and Philip Vannatter, who later gained fame investigating the murders of Nicole Brown Simpson and Ronald Lyle Goldman, told a different story. According to their investigation, Bailey regularly worked the night shift as a sergeant but was at home with his wife the night of Dec. 23. She had baked chocolate-chip cookies for upcoming holiday parties and for her husband's colleagues. They went to bed about 9 p.m. Bailey told the detectives that he awoke four hours later, now early December 24, and left to go roller-blading in an area near the Culver City-Los Angeles border, which included the Fox Hills Mall... At the time, detectives said that Bailey aroused suspicion by failing to submit to a polygraph test and immediately hiring a criminal defense attorney. Police said they were also puzzled because during interviews, Bailey never expressed concern about the safety of his son, who was home at the time of the slaying. In the short term, Isaacson said he would challenge whether detectives had probable cause for the search that resulted in the weapons charge. But the lawyer said he was also developing a defense if Bailey is charged with murder. "We have developed new information regarding the person who is responsible for this murder"... [LINK]

CBS 2, CA - 22 hours ago
Dec 14, 2006 3:50 pm US/Pacific
(CBS) LOS ANGELES A Culver City police sergeant under scrutiny in connection with the 1992 slaying of his wife pleaded not guilty Thursday to weapons charges. Culver City police Sgt. Harvey Bailey, who was the main suspect in his wife's murder 14 years ago but was never charged, was arraigned on two felony counts of illegal possession of assault weapons. He was released on his own recognizance... The guns, including two semi-automatic rifles, were seized by LAPD detectives March 31 in connection with a warrant served at Bailey's 99th Street home, which he was renting to his in-laws...

the front page online
By Ari L. Noonan
December 14, 2006
[Excerpts] ...As the drama began to escalate this morning in a so-called distraction case, a felony weapons charge against Lt. Harvey Bailey of the Culver City Police Dept., the veteran officer won one and lost one in a brief courtroom appearance. The judge, describing his conclusion as a “close call,” denied the prosecution’s request for bail. With one television camera rolling, the judge, however, ordered the Culver City officer to be booked, finger-printed and photographed before returning home. Because of the long-smoldering extenuating circumstances linked to Mr. Bailey, the case has begun to mushroom in the Los Angeles media. The Los Angeles Times caught up with the story yesterday, and by last night, the Bailey case, with illustrations, backgrounds and details, was a local news telecast staple... What undoubtedly was on the minds of all courtroom principals was that 14 years ago on Christmas Eve, Mr. Bailey’s first wife, Jan, was murdered. No one dared mention it aloud, though. The late Mrs. Bailey’s family — they don’t live in Southern California — anxiously is watching each development of the weapons case, sources said. While Mr. Bailey was widely suspected of the homicide, he never was arrested. Some of his Culver City police colleagues have acknowledged that their doubts about his innocence never have abated... For his part, friends of Mr. Bailey say he has labored assiduously through 14 years of unrelieved scrutiny to maintain an immaculate work slate... But the circumstances in Commissioner James N. Bianco’s courtroom this morning were far dicier — and wide of Mr. Bailey’s control. Deputy District Attorney Tal Kahana and Mr. Isaacson dueled over whether Mr. Bailey should be allowed to walk straight out of the courtroom or be required to post bail... In pensively weighing the competing options of granting or denying bail, Mr. Bianco said that Mr. Bailey’s status as a police officer was both a plus and a minus in reaching his decision to forgo bail... “Mr. Bailey does not deserve special treatment because he is a police officer,” he said. But the fact that he is a police officer, the judge added, also merits consideration as a positive. In declining to grant bail, the youthful Mr. Bianco issued two warnings to the defendant: “Make sure you are on time for your (January) court appearance. Make sure you walk a straight line.” This morning, Mr. Bailey was in the corridor before the bailiff unlocked the courtroom.  [LINK to part of the article. Have to run search on their site to get the rest.]

Apr 19, 2007
[Excerpts] (CBS) LOS ANGELES A Culver City police sergeant has pleaded guilty to illegally possessing a semi-automatic rifle found while police investigated his wife’s 1992 slaying. Harvey Bailey was sentenced to two years summary probation and ordered to serve 300 hours of community service after pleading to a misdemeanor charge, said Joel Isaacson, his attorney. He was initially charged with two felony counts of illegal possession of assault weapons, stemming from the recovery of the firearms during a March 31, 2006 search of Bailey’s 99th Street home, which he was renting to his in-laws. Isaacson said he did not know what effect his client's plea would have on his position in the Culver City Police Department, where Bailey has worked for more than 28 years. The department does not comment on personnel matters, said Sgt. Randy Vickrey...

The Front Page Online
By Ari L. Noonan @ 3:00 AM April 19, 2007
[Excerpts] ...Mr. Bailey’s team appeared to eagerly embrace the settlement with the District Attorney’s office. “It’s a fair decision,” said Joel Isaacson, his attorney.
By striking a compromise deal — that was proposed by Deputy District Attorney Tal Kahana and grabbed by the other side — the way has been paved, legally, for Mr. Bailey to return to active duty.
Reduction of the single surviving charge from a felony to a misdemeanor could salvage Mr. Bailey’s career in police work. Under state law, he would have been barred if he had been convicted of a felony... Throughout Mr. Bailey’s 24 months of summary probation, he will be reporting, at still undetermined intervals, to Judge Ricciardulli, starting on June 19... The judged warned Mr. Bailey that if he violates the terms of his probation, he would face up to a year in jail... The 49-year-old officer has been on paid leave since last autumn... Police Chief Don Petersen declined to even confirm he was on paid leave, much less any other detail...  [LINK]
[police officer involved domestic violence oidv intimate partner violence IPV abuse law enforcement public safety fatality fatalities lethal murder state jail lieutenant sergeant unsolved unresolved]


  1. What is the real story about what happened to Fox Nutrition???? Ask Harvey Bailey and the Culver City police department.Lori Was warned to keep her mouth shut or she would die.Was is about an insurance policy...again!

  2. I pray one day soon we will have closure and the evil person who took Jan Bailey's life will finally pay for what he did. She was a nice woman and had a gentle spirit about her. And she did not deserve to be murdered. That was a horrible Christmas that year waking up to see all that yellow tape and hearing the horrific news. The truth will come out sooner or later. We all know living in South Central you never leave your doors unlocked, that's why we all had bars and security doors, especially in 1992. We all know who did it when will he be charged?

  3. Never , Never...will the vicious murder never be charged Whoever he is????! At the time Harvey Bailey was running a private security " out of the Culver City police department for the then chief of police Cook" as read in the newspapers. The Culver City counsel didn't stir up too much about it because they were switching jobs within the counsel...and getting pensions for every different job, from what I understand for every time they switched. Too many people have too much to lose if they talk. Jan is still in the cold case. I know one time that the Culver City police shot an unarmed robbery suspect with a semi automatic, threw the gun in the back of the car, but luckily, a civil rights attorney saw the whole thing. The police said they were in fear of their lives. The attorney saw the suspect " reach for the sky " in fear of his life. Somehow, even though the donut shop was full of people who witnessed the execution, the LAPD, the ones who has Jan Bailey's cold case.... said that they have witnesses who saw the man reach for his gun.witnesses yet to be determined .....In a newspaper article, the city counsel accused Harvey Bailey of taking the call to protect the Masque. Erv Ruben and Earl Kruger were murdered in prison for a crime they were set up for. After their murders, they were exonerated. See Erv Ruben and Earl Kruger Jewish defense league....One pedestrian was harassed by the Culver City police and told that " I can stick a needle in your eye and nobody would find out!" People....search the INTERNET. You will see so much information that has been suppressed about the Culver City police department.see Culver City ses unit..Look up Cook and the good ol boys.Cop vs Cop. This stuff has been going on for a long time and there are so many victims in the wake! The justice department has no clear link for police corruption.See Racketeering, the Rico law on the internet. The police like to discipline within their own jurisdictions. Nowhere else in the United states have I ever heard of such muck. No , police should never police themselves. Usually gangs hire someone with a previous record. You watch my back and I will watch yours. We need a citizen's review board voted in every town near a police department. Look up citizen's review board...These boards have the power to investigate, fire or arrest police...Jan was a victim of many crimes. Rip Jan. As soon as the Justice Department gets off their buts as well and Jerry Brown, maybe then you will get justice.

  4. We all remember your birthday is today. Rest in Peace Jan.

  5. A $500,000 Lesson Culver City cops just don’t get it

    Charles Rappleye published: May 25, 2000


    At this point, three more officers arrived, including Sergeant Harvey Bailey. Callis‘ companion Cheryl Jones, who testified that she watched the altercation from the street, said the officers surrounded him, clubbing him until he went down. ”He was going in circles, just in agony and pain, from being sprayed and hit with batons, and it was several police officers surrounding him.“

    The officers testified that Callis was struck only while running. They also said he was striking back at the officers and threatening them, but the only independent witness, a Washington Boulevard resident named Juan Esparza, disputed that. ”He was just defending himself,“ Esparza said in a statement. ”I didn’t see him trying to throw down with the cops.“

    The police agreed, however, that one officer got out more pepper spray and sprayed Callis heavily, driving him to his knees. Callis then made a critical mistake, according to Sergeant Bailey. ”Callis went to one knee and began to reach for his waistband.“ (Police later found that Callis was carrying a pager.)

    That was enough for Bailey. He ordered another dose of pepper spray and then directed the officers to swarm Callis. After the four officers piled on, Callis was subdued, then cuffed with his wrists behind his back, and then had his ankles bound and strapped to the handcuffs. Culver City officers refer to the device as a ”hobble“; other departments call it a hog-tie.

    Thus restrained, Callis was loaded into the back of a squad car and driven to the Culver City police station. Time of death was disputed -- it was either in the car or upon his arrival -- but Callis was already dead by the time paramedics arrived at the station soon after midnight.

    Attorneys for Culver City argued that Callis had brought his fate upon himself by smoking cocaine and by running from the police, and the jury agreed in part, decreasing the verdict against the city by 60 percent. But they awarded the full amount in judgment against Sergeant Bailey, holding that there was no need for the final gang tackle of Callis.

    ”He was surrounded by seven officers; he was on the ground,“ attorney Carol Watson said in an interview. ”They all jumped on. They just simply squeezed the life out of him.“

    Culver City decided to indemnify Bailey and is thus liable for the full judgment. The judge said he will issue a ruling as to the exact amount.

    Watson‘s co-counsel Steffeny Holtz emphasized in an interview that the officers never intended for Callis to die -- but they didn’t much care if he did, either. ”I don‘t think they murdered him intentionally. I think it’s a case of poor training by the department,“ Holtz said. She noted that middle-class whites rarely face excessive force at the hands of the police, in part because people with means are more likely to sue. ”That‘s why they don’t come into my neighborhood and haul people out of their rooms and beat them. But with Mexicans and poor blacks, they‘re just not worth any money.“

    In this case, however, Callis was found to be worth an even half-million dollars. In an interview after the verdict was returned, Holtz said the continuing scandal at the LAPD made her message easier to get across. ”Those 12 people on the jury would never have listened to us were it not for Rampart,“ she said.

    ”They are genuinely shocked at the possibility that police officers are not being honest with them, and by the brutality that goes on.“

  6. Thank you. Here's the first couple of paragraphs, for search purposes:

    Police critics say the Rampart scandal is bigger than just one division of the LAPD. But a Superior Court jury held early this month that the problem of systematic police misconduct extends beyond Los Angeles as well.

    The case stemmed from the in-custody death of Kenneth Wayne Callis, a black man who encountered police after smoking cocaine and was chased, beaten, hog-tied and then tossed in the back of a squad car by officers of the Culver City Police Department. The county coroner ruled that Callis died of asphyxiation, a common result of the hog-tie restraint.

  7. Jan Baileys family, you need to post here.

  8. Attorney claims suspect had arms in air when shot by Culver City...Full story: Daily Breeze...Thank you for visiting Daily Breeze. We are sorry the article that you requested is no longer available. Please search for this article in our archive search....ahh ok....and then the story completely changed....No Documents Found
    No documents were found for the query you entered. ...The LAPD were investigating the shooting . The same department that was handling the case for Jane Bailey...An attorney was a witness that the suspect was unarmed. Then the articles morphed to...according to the LAPD sources, the suspect did have a gun...eventhough there were over 15 witnesses that stated the suspect was " reaching or the sky" period.....

  9. Attorney claims suspect had arms in air when shot by Culver City police
    The Associated Press
    By Thomas Watkins
    Posted: 04/28/2010 05:43:37 PM PDT

    LOS ANGELES (AP)- A robbery suspect who police fatally shot outside a doughnut shop had his hands in the air, an attorney who witnessed the shooting said Wednesday.
    Defense lawyer Frances Prizzia's account of Sunday's shooting is at odds with initial findings of investigators, who said a Culver City officer shot 27-year-old Lejoy Grissom because he was reaching for a weapon.
    "He had his hands up the whole time, fingers open," Prizzia said. "There was no way he was reaching for anything."
    Los Angeles County Sheriff's Lt. Dave Dolson, who is heading the shooting probe, said Grissom was a passenger in a car that matched the description of one used in an electronics store robbery.
    A patrol officer spotted the car and called for backup. He then followed the vehicle to a strip mall and ordered Grissom to get out.
    "(Grissom) steps out of the car and at some point, despite commands to keep his hands up, he drops his hands to his waistband area," Dolson said. "He made some furtive moves, and so one of the officers thought he was going for a gun and so shot him."

    Grissom was shot three times in the chest with a submachine gun and died later at the hospital. Dolson said officers found a handgun on Grissom, though he did not specify where it was.
    Prizzia, a private attorney who formerly worked for the Orange County public defender's office, said she had just finished a snack at a doughnut shop in the strip mall when she saw the incident unfold. She said she was no more than two car lengths from Grissom.
    "He absolutely did not move his hands," Prizzia said. "The only time he moved was when he reverberated from the bullets."
    Culver City police Lt. Milton McKinnon did not identify the officer involved and referred all questions to the sheriff's office. He said it was standard practice for the Police Department to place officers on administrative leave for three days after a shooting.
    Police arrested the car's driver, 20-year-old Layla Grissom, the sister of Lejoy Grissom. She was being held for investigation into whether she committed a robbery. She remained in custody ahead of an arraignment and didn't appear to have an attorney.
    The items stolen from the electronics store were found in Grissom's car, Dolson said.
    Dolson said the district attorney's office would make a final review of the probe but it appeared the shooting was justified.
    He rejected Prizzia's claim.
    "We have some independent witnesses who have corroborated the officers' version of events," Dolson said.
    Culver City has about 40,000 residents and is next to Venice on the west side of Los Angeles.

  10. I felt compelled to write something here that is very disturbing and seems to show a pattern of much mis-information with the cold case that has Jan Bailey's files. Irv Ruben's son was said to have committed suicide. However, Orthodox Jews don't dare " commit suicide ". The same police department that said the unarmed robbery suspect was reaching for a gun, when In fact, he was " reaching for the sky " as stated by a room full of people that saw him get shot with a semi automatic. The witnesses were told not to believe " their lieing eyes ". What is disturbing in following the dots is, what is really going on. Why is so much information being suppressed????? As I stated, the LAPD is handling the cold case for Jan Bailey. And now we have another person that supposedly committed suicide. Please follow the link and read for yourselves:

  11. ON THE STREETS, HE’S OLD SCHOOL, BUT INSIDE THE DEPARTMENT, THIS CHIEF OF POLICE IS JUST A GOOD OL’ BOY : this is the Department that Harvey Bailey worked at. Feel free to read...http://www.maherproductions.com/downloads/Culver_City_Confidential.pdf

  12. 2006 Article : Lt. Bailey Eludes Bail Try, but Is Booked at the Parker Center

    Parker Center = LAPD = COLD CASE = Jan Bailey

    Why the Parker Center??? I don't like where this is leading...

  13. The public intoxication charge itself is not too disturbing. All people do stupid things. He was off duty and away from his territory. The much more disturbing thing is the threats towards a police officer's family. This behavior - even while intoxicated - should concern all Culver City citizens First of all, who threatens a cop when being arrested? Secondly, such threats of violence against a cop probably means this guy would abuse his power and threaten citizens while he himself was on duty.

  14. Culver City Detective Arrested in Nashville for Public Intoxication.... A must see article...This is the police station that Harvey Bailey worked at.Please see the article before it is suppressed....http://culvercity.patch.com/articles/culver-city-detective-arrested-in-nashville-for-public-intoxication

  15. CULVER CITY POLICE Professional Standards Unit works out of the Chief of Police's office and handles internal affairs for the police department.....Well isn't that a contradiction. If the chief of police is running a private security business and hiring his own police, this would make it a conflict of interest, wouldn't it?

  16. AnonymousJune 19, 2013

    The Culver City police department handles cold cases. Why in God's world in Jan Bailey not on this Cold Case??? What is up with that???? Yeah!!!

  17. AnonymousJune 20, 2013

    Are you sure? How do you know? Were the names in the paper or you checked out some file? I'd like to know because that's awful, unless it's not cold. If it's not cold they better get busy. Justice delayed is justice denied.

  18. AnonymousJune 30, 2016

    A Culver City police officer was charged with public intoxication on Jan. 21 ,2016,in Nashville, Tenn.

    WKRN-TV Nashville reported that Det. Ryan Thompson, 33, was escorted from a downtown bar called Bailey’s Irish Pub in the early morning hours of Jan. 21. According to the arrest warrant, Thompson allegedly wandered towards the back of the bar and entered the kitchen area after being asked to leave. He also reportedly “banged on the front window,” according the report.

    One officer described him as “unsteady on his feet” and using “extremely slurred speech.”

    According to the arresting officers, Thompson also reportedly made threats against the officers’ families after identifying himself as a Culver City police officer.

    “Members of the Culver City Police Department have been in touch with the Nashville police and we are fully cooperating with them,” Culver City Police Chief Donald Pederson said in a statement. “Law enforcement officers are expected to use good judgment and act professionally at all times.”

    Thompson has been with Culver City force for 10 years. He recently was investigating a series of bank robberies that occurred throughout the Westside and the South Bay. A bank of America branch on 9433 Culver Blvd. was robbed on Dec. 14.

    On Nov. 3, 2010, he and Det. Pete Hernandez were honored by the city’s Civil Service Commission for their work on a homicide case that led to an arrest.

    “We are extremely disappointed when the actions of our officers come into question,” Pederson said. “We have already begun what will be a thorough and comprehensive personal investigation into the matter.

    “At the conclusion of our investigation the appropriate action will be taken.”

    According to the Nashville television station, Thompson has been released and the intoxication charge has been dismissed.
    - See more at: http://www.culvercitynews.org/crime/local-officer-arrested-in-tennessee/#sthash.UE4aqHDb.dpuf

  19. I still think about you Jan. You missed out on so much, especially raising Christopher. I know that Harvey was your first love and I know how much you loved him. I attended your wedding, but I couldn't attend your Rosary, it hurt too much. Now here in 2017 we still miss you. I remember when we were in college you bought me a box of Light Butter Cream from She's Candy for my birthday. I will always remember that.

  20. Still wondering when this cold case will be solved...for the sake of Jan's family.


Please post updates or email them to behindthebluewall@gmail.com. No cop-hating or victim-hating comments allowed. Word verification had to be added due to spam attacks on this blog.