- [NY] Fired, reinstated Officer Lewis arrested for assault on his wife
- [NY] Fired, reinstated, arrested Officer Lewis arrested a 2nd time in 2 months
- [NY] Fired, reinstated, then twice arrested Officer Lewis CLEARED of dv charges
- [NY] Fired, reinstated Officer Lewis arrested 3rd time - after alleged death threats
- [NY] Officer Lewis arrested 4th time - (How much will it take?)
- [NY] Cop-on-cop domestic violence is FIFTH ARREST in 9 months for STILL-A-COP John Lewis
- [NY] Fire Officer Lewis? We'll believe it when we see it.
LEWIS CHARGED IN 4 INCIDENTS
By Steven Cook (Contact)
Tuesday, May 12, 2009
[Excerpts] SCHENECTADY - Suspended city police Officer John Lewis, charged criminally in four separate incidents, rejected a plea offer Monday, setting the case on course for possible grand jury action... Prosecutor Christina Tremante made the people's position clear: "Any offer that may have been made in this case is withdrawn." Details of a plea offer were not discussed in court. Prosecutors declined to discuss it later, including whether it included any resignation provisions. Lewis has been off the job since at least April 2008 on varying stints of paid and unpaid suspension. He has received 30 days' unpaid suspension after each arrest. He's been arrested five times... Lewis' next court date is June 8... He was served in February with papers informing him that a disciplinary hearing would be held. City Corporation Counsel John Van Norden confirmed Monday that hearing has yet to happen. [Full article here]
Post a Comment
Please post updates or email them to firstname.lastname@example.org. No cop-hating or victim-hating comments allowed. Word verification had to be added due to spam attacks on this blog.